Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Power Point Reflection

I really enjoyed the PowerPoint presentations. I felt like it gave everyone a chance to be creative and talk about something with which they had interest. A couple of presentations really caught my attention.

I thought Katie’s Spanish presentation was very well done. Here slides were colorful and very engaging. She used interesting graphics to help aid her presentation. I felt that even if you didn’t know Spanish you could follow her presentation. I also thought she was an excellent speaker. Her speaking matched her presentation which was a major plus.

Another PowerPoint I enjoyed was mark’s presentation. His topic was about heat exhaustion. His information was very informative. I enjoyed his insights on the topic. I especially enjoyed his personal story about the umpire that passed out in his team’s dugout. It gave the audience a personal connection and gave us greater understanding of heat exhaustion. His power point slides did a great job aiding his presentation. I really liked his use of the collogue strategy. This left no space covered which made his slides stick out.

I felt that the critique I had for myself and other people was the length of the presentation. I went on a little too long. I lost a few people at the end of my presentation where I had important information to relay. This happened with other people. They lost me because their presentation went just a little too long. It is important to be concise and present in a timely matter. A good presentation allows people to learn and to leave them wanting more. A timely presentation can complete these goals.

Overall I love using PowerPoint. It focuses your presentation and gives visual and audio to help aid your presentation. I love watching engaging PowerPoint presentations and I love creating them. I will definitely be using PowerPoint in my classroom.

1 comment:

  1. so, instead of attending class today, you were busy doing make up work???!! Morgan and I both presented today and you missed it! Slacker!!!

    ReplyDelete