1. Do you consider yourself a digital native, immigrant, or even alien? Why?
“Those of us who were not born into the digital world but have, at some later point in our lives, become fascinated by and adopted many or most aspects of the new technology are, and always will be compared to them, Digital Immigrants.” (Prensky, 2001)
I consider myself a digital immigrant. I didn’t own a computer until I was a junior in high school. I didn’t own a cell phone until I was senior in college. I am defiantly behind the times. Texting!?!?!? I just started and I am incredibly slow. I am way behind on understanding online chat abbreviations.
Even though I am way behind I still am somewhat computer literate. I can type decent and can find information online. I have used the Microsoft programs. So I am not completely oblivious.
2. What experiences have you had with technology in the classroom either as a teacher or learner? Compare high school technology to college technology. Did it improve your learning experience?
“But that assumption is no longer valid. Today‟s learners are different.” (Prensky, 2001)
When I went through high school teachers didn’t have power points. Every teacher used the whiteboard. We didn’t have quick access to video or websites. The pictures were limited and the textbook was our main curriculum.
When I went to college some classes had power point and others did not. I felt like I got a lot more out of the ones that used technology to assist their teaching. They were able to access information that was relevant and extremely useful.
I taught in a school for a couple of years and we used technology in a positive way to teach the kids. We were able to show pictures that connected with the curriculum. The kids loved the pictures and were able to ask questions that expanded their understanding of the subject.
3. Have these articles changed your mind about the use of technology in your future classroom? How might you incorporate it?
“So hi there, I’m the tuned-out kid inthe back row with the headphones. Areyou going to engage me today or enrage me? The choice is yours.” (Prensky, 2005)
I am on board to use technology in the classroom. I feel that it only expands your tools to teach and allows you to access up to date information that is relevant for the students. It also helps touch different learners in the classroom. It is another connection you can make with your students.
Roblox Super Jump Hack
5 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment